The current pandemic situation has undoubtedly affected all of us. It is a subject of many questions considering our future lives. At the same time, it shows the importance of having a residence permit in the Czech Republic to all who had not applied for it earlier. Sure, as a citizen of EU countries, you can stay in the Czech Republic with no residence permit, BUT as we have mentioned already… Everyone intending to remain in our country for an extended period of time should not speculate and apply for the permit.
It is a kind of official report/record about your stay in the Czech Republic. If you don’t own the permit in current hard times, it is impossible for you to return to the Czech Republic from abroad or to visit your family. How long are we going to struggle with this situation is hard to answer now.
There are certainly more advantages to obtaining the permit than ignoring it. Ceratin situations will arise in the future when you might appreciate having permission.
Let’s repeat the PRO’S OF THE PERMISSIONS ONCE MORE:
a) Permanent stay
- Identical status quo as a citizen of the Czech Republic in most areas of your life in CZ
- Better position when opening a new business
- Access to the public health insurance where you could not have been held until now (e.g., an entrepreneur)
- Entitlement to free health care for your children (up to 26 years of age)
- Social benefits under the same conditions as Czech citizens
- You are entitled to a pension when meeting the statutory requirements
- Considerably more advantageous position for obtaining the Czech citizenship
b) Temporary stay
- When applying for the mortgage, => one of the strict conditions in most of the banks!
- Getting also a Czech identification number => more accessible communication in insurance groups, banks, Czech offices, with the employer, during the car registration, etc.
- Entitlement to social benefits
- Simplifying the process of buying or registering your car on the Czech license plate
- Improving your position when planning a permanent residence in the Czech Republic
We are here for you, ready to help with processing the permission whenever you need it.
BE SAFE AND TAKE CARE.
Your C2BCZ team